1) Great comedians don't just talk, but use visual humor as well. Using their body as a tool:
2) Funny Things: Three Basic Principles:
3) Slapstick and Violence (the earliest and perhaps most crude form):
4) Magic & Surrealism (the comedian uses the Illusionist's tricks):
5) Imitiation & Parody (a step up, but not the highest form of comedy):
6) Mime & Body Language (Moving into character and situational comedy):
7) Qualities that transcend time: The character of the physical comedian.
8) The opposite of all rules are true: ALL rules can be broken."
Sunday, August 15, 2010
Visual Comedy (hosted by Rowan Atkinson) and Reads
Laughing Matters (Part 1)
According to Carlos Baena: